Monday, May 31, 2010



Well...my first post. Its a beautiful day, and i wish i had more time off >sigh<, but its been a very productive weekend. I've been spinning a lot now that i have a new drum carder (fancy kitty fine), >http://www.fancy-kitty.com/carders.htm
i mean really A LOT. i have determined that i love neppy yarn. is it because i can't prepare my fiber any other way? (see beautiful neppy innocent yarn at left-and wristlets at right))..possibly, so its just a giant cop-out. but really, i am almost nostalgic already about my badly hand-carded spinning which has such a sweet homespun quality to it, i will never return to that uninitiated pre-drum carder state of innocence, alas.
My returning to spinning all started with a trip to Rhinebeck sheep and wool last october, where my friend (enabler) Rose. She thought it would be a great idea to check out the raw fleeces for sale. We both returned with about 4 bags each of raw fleece. now i had bought fleece before, but it was always corriedale from the same source in Maryland. so i had no experience with Romney. I also bought a Cormo fleece online a few months later. I found the Cormo to be really challenging to wash and prepare.More about that later.

1 comment:

martha said...

alida,

i love your reports on your fiber doings and the beautiful pictures. i look forward to the next posting.

apparently there are several million bloggers out there who share an interest in knitting and spinning. wow!

martha

Page Two

"PATTERN DOWNLOADS" page is where you can purchase all of SWOON FIBERS patterns in .pdf form.