I will be there with my yarns, as well as:
One of the best things about the upcoming Knitting Weekend at Slater Mill is that the Marketplace is now going to run for TWO days instead of just one! Twice as much time to browse and plan purchases!
2011 KNITTING WEEKEND MARKETPLACE
Saturday, January 22nd 10AM-6PM
Sunday, January 23rd 10AM-5PM
Slater Mill 67 Roosevelt Ave Pawtucket, RI
List of vendors:
Swoon Fibers: http://www.swoonfiberspremiumyarns.com/
Angora & Worms : http://www.angoraandworms.com/index.htm
Yarns Over Tuscany : http://www.gomitoli.com/
We Got the Buttons: http://www.wegotthebuttons.com/
Fresh Purls: http://www.freshpurls.com/
Play at Life Fibers: http://www.etsy.com/shop/playatlifefiberarts
Thistledown Yarns: Knitted & Felted earflap cap kits, original designs, knitted yoke wool sweaters, hand painted wool yarn
Pretty Useful Things: Independent Co-op selling knitted jewelry, bags and stitch markers
Island Fiber Co-Op: Independent artists selling handmade sock blockers and repurposed, rescued wool.
And the authors of New England Knits will be in the marketplace signing their very popular book!
Cecily Glowik MacDonald & Melissa LaBarre: BOOK SIGNING IS SATURDAY ONLY
Saturday and Sunday offer a range of classes for knitters of all levels:
Courtesy of The Shetland Trader; Gudrun Johnston, artist.
- Gudrun Johnston will be offering two classes: The Aestlight Shawl which focuses on traditional shawl making techniques from the Shetland Isles and Short Row Sleeve Cap, covering the basics of a seamless set in sleeve.
- Hand knitting designer Mary Jane Mucklestone returns to the Mill this year after a trip to Peru, with offerings of Andean Knitting techniques and an exploration of Color in Fair Isle.
- Fiber artist Adrienne Sloane invites you to try your hand at Knitting with Wire, while local designer Helen Bingham will guide you through the process of Designing Your Own Hat.
- For the brave hearted, Cheryl Burke, who has designs published in the online knitting magazine Twist Collective, offers Fearless Steeking, a method of uninterrupted knitting in the round, sewing and cutting to allow for sleeves or a cardigan.
- Designer Gina House, of Sleepy Eyes Knits, will be teaching a class in her popular Amanda Hat and treating us to a session of KnitStretch Yoga.
- For those of you ready to expand your love of fiber arts to another craft, RI Spinning Guild member Beth Fitzpatrick will be offering a workshop in Drop Spindle for Knitters.
Hotel rooms will be offered at a Knitting Weekend discount at the nearby Comfort Inn for those who wish to avoid commuting. To download the brochure or to register using PayPal, please visit our blog at cgsatslatermill.typepad.com.
For more information please contact Bernadette Vaughan at 401-725-8638 ext. 108 or email@example.com.