Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Shawl Knitting in Luxury



While vacationing this weekend on lovely Lake Ontario; I was also pleased to find that I had a good signal for my iPad, so thanks to the new age of electronics, i was enjoying the best of both worlds... Lakeside knitting, peace, quiet ...and rain! (lots of it!) Since I'm playing with my new trove of luxuries, I had brought the new cashmere, mink, and baby camel yarns, and since it was cold enough to have the heat on (!) it was perfect for handling these fibers.
Shawl knitting is new to me, so after a few attempts using NO pattern, I decided to look for a simple pattern since I obviously wasn't getting it. I found the lovely "LaLa's simple shawl" on Ravelry, and thanks to Ravelrys' "download to library" feature, i was able to start knitting immediately.
I changed the beginning border because i made a mistake, so by the time i figured it out I was well into the shawl. The stitch pattern is different as well because I had been playing with some open wrap stitches and i wanted more open-ness and texture than in the LaLa original. The pattern is wonderfully easy and great for the beginning shawl-knitter.
When I have a FO i will post here. I'm using my Pure Cashmere handspun (worsted) in colorway "endpaper".

No comments:

Page Two

"PATTERN DOWNLOADS" page is where you can purchase all of SWOON FIBERS patterns in .pdf form.